CREEKSIDE WATER DAMAGE
A licensed home inspector found high levels of moisture in the back wall of a duplex.
- the entire wall was rotted from long term water leakage caused by
- insufficient roof overhang allowing water to leak into the wall cavity, and
- cracks in the stucco wall allowing water leakage from the snow dump pile against the wall.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Sheathing removed to expose damage
- Rotten wood removed and replaced with new kiln dried studs
- Note no mold found on backside of gyproc
- Note damaged area carved out of studs to preserve integrity of ceramic tile shower behind
- New vapour barrier, insulation, sheathing and building paper installed
- Siding complete